Well we finally made the decision to go to UTAH for CHRISTMAS break!!! Yay, we are soo excited! At first we were set on staying here, because we really didn't want to drive that far in possible snow storms and because flying is so expensive, but we bought our tickets last night! Ticket prices went down a little from what we had seen and I guess we got a pretty good deal on them, but it doesn't really seem like it because, wow, I think it is still so expensive. Oh well, it will definitely be worth it!! How stupid that you have to pay full price for a two year old...I would rather have him sit on our laps the whole time. Anyway, we found out a few days ago that Josh gets three weeks off for school instead of the two weeks that we thought he was getting, so it is really the perfect and only time we will be able to go within the next year. So we are headed to Utah on December 18th until January 8th!!! It is going to be so nice to go back home! If you can't tell, we are really excited!! What a great Christmas present to ourselves!
As for other things, here are a few pictures of Nathan lately...
Playing around in his cowboy hat

Wow, his head/face looks really wide with the cowboy hat on sideways!

Decorating the Christmas tree! I was so excited to put decorations up this year! Josh wouldn't let me do it until after Thanksgiving, so of course the day after I insisited on decorating no matter what. Nathan had lots of fun helping us decorate and loves to see the lights plugged in everyday. He is really excited for "Sanka Klauk" to bring him presents!
The other day I attempted to get Nathan to cooperate and smile NORMAL for a picture. It never happens anymore, so this is the best I got. Of course I had to bribe him to sit there for a second! All Nathan ever wants to do is look at all the pictures on the camera and play with it. He always hides his face and throws a fit. He used to love getting his picture taken, he would sit there all day for you to take pictures, and was so photogenic...I miss it!! Now when he actually will sit still for one picture he says cheese and tries to smile so hard that it looks like he is in pain. What are we going to do with him!!?! Anyone have any advice on how to take a picture of a busy, stubborn two-year-old?! 


15 comments:
Aw, those pictures of Nathan in front of the tree are adorable! He's such a handsome little guy, you probably couldn't get a bad picture of him. Congrats on getting to come to Utah for Christmas!
I am glad you get to go home for Christmas!! We are stating here (bummer) Thoes pics of Nathan are VERY cute!! GINA
YES, YES, YES!!!!!! Tim and I are SO excited for you guys to get here. Andy and Jenny told us you were coming a few days ago, and it seems it is all we can talk about. We can hardly wait. We have been missing you guys a ton and we are very excited to see Nathan and how he has grown! We have already been making plans, probably more than we have time for. But you know how that goes! :) The count down is on!
I'm so excited for you. I sure hope you didn't feel like I pressured you into going. It will be so worth the money, the memories and the relaxation. I promise you. Heather
I'm so EXCITED! I can't wait to see you. I can't wait to see all of you. Did I mention I'm EXCITED! Yeah yeah yeah. We'll have so much fun. Andy can't wait to hang out with josh too. Yeah I'm so EXCITED!
What a handsome little man! I am so excited for you guys! I bet you can hardly wait! If you guys get to Cedar let us know we would love to see you guys!!
Wha hoo!! I'm so excited to see you!
That last picture is ADORABLE! We are excited you guys are coming out. You better call us or Silas might, not WILL cry. He has a serious man-crush on Josh. :)
I'm so glad that you get to come "home" for christmas. It is not as much fun to spend the holidays without all the ones you love. Have a safe trip.
I am glad you get to come home for the Holidays! Your son is so cute. Maybe we can all do lunch again?!
Tina! I'm so excited that you'll be coming to Utah for Christmas! We will be in Wayne county for a few days so we'll defiantly have to get to together and hang out. Michael and I both couldn't believe how grown up Nathan is looking, he's a cutie! I hope you'll be able to travel safely and we can't wait to see you!
I'm so glad you are coming! YAY for holidays! I can't believe how big Nathan is getting. He's so cute!
Nathan looks so cute and grown up in those pictures. Good luck on getting him to smile normal. Harper still doesn't!! We're excited you guys get to come home for Christmas!!! We'll have to have some mean games of Rook, Rummikub and Hearts!
how exciting for you! i used to be in agreement with you on the buying the ticket thing but one of my flights with Gracie (i think it was from st. louis to vegas) we were seated by a lady that had been a flight attendant for 20 or so years and she told me that if the passengers had to watch the training videos that she had to and could see what she has seen happen in all her years they wouldn't think twice about buying tickets for even thier tiny newborns who aren't required to buy one. she described a few things to me and i fully agree! i was happy to buy even payten a seat this last summer after that.
but anyway...that was long and boring! i'm excited for you to be able to have such a long christmas break at home! maybe we'll see you in Lyman during some of it. and the whole toddler picture thing is SO hard, i got the fastest camera i could and it is still hard! he is such a cute kid though so that helps. :)
I am glad you all are going to Utah. I am still trying to talk Jeff into it (he gets two weeks off) - but he wants to stay and get caught up on things. I can't blame him.
The best thing we have had success with getting natural looking smiles is just to play taking pictures. I will get the kids and go to a place that makes a nice background (like waterfalls or plants in the background) and then just snap tons of pictures. I will show them to the kids and we just keep taking them. The smiles get better eventually. Totally normal for kids to make weird faces when smiling.
Post a Comment