The other day I was back in my bedroom and Nathan started yelling to me, "A bug, a bug." I was a little scared of what kind of bug I might see, but I went out to the living room and Nathan had caught a fly under this little bowl...and the fly was alive! I'm sure it was a really slow fly, but I thought it was pretty funny! He examined it for a while and then left it trapped there for the rest of the day until daddy took care of it after he went to bed. He was pretty proud of the fly that he caught. Pretty impressive, but gross, huh!

As for the next part of the title, we went to check out Goodwill (like DI) on Friday and we came away with these beauties...


Some perfectly good ice skates, just my size (well actually a little big but they'll be great with all my warm socks)! That was all we were able to find but I am so excited for them. They were only 9 dollars and they are practically brand new! Now I only wish I could use them with the rest of my family. It just won't be the same going ice skating without all of them. My family goes ice skating every year, so I am really sad that we will be missing that since we can't go home for Christmas this year. We think there is an ice skating rink here though so hopefully I will get some good use out of them. Josh got new ice skates last year for Christmas, so now we are all set to go. Yay I love ice skating, and yay for my early Christmas present!! I love good deals like this!!
11 comments:
Way to go Nate!
What is it with little kids liking bugs? That is pretty cool that he was able to catch one though!
And cool ice skates! They look like they're in perfect condition...Have fun with them!
Nice skates! I wish I still dared skate...maybe someday I'll get brave again! Flies are nothing. Just wait until he wants to start catching black widows, crickets, and grasshoppers.
Gosh! Is he a boy or what? haha! How funny about the bug! I used to do that with stink bugs.. yuck! How cute though! I'm excited for you and your skates!
Nathan looks completely fasinated with the fly..so cute! Good find on the skates... I haven't been ice skating since high school with all of us..crazy how time flies! Hope you find somewhere fun to go..but I am sure it won't be like the points ice(haha);) Hope you have a fun Thanksgiving!!
Nathan is all boy! That is awesome. Those skates really are pretty too. I will have to check out goodwill to see what we can find. :)
Hey guys,
just wanted to let you know we will be missing you this year for the holidays. Hope you guys will be well fed ;). Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. We had a pretty good wake up call this morning and we may just have the house sold so we will be moving on to...school YAY! lol
We will be home all day Thanksgiving, Mom and Dad are coming over for a bit so we will try to give you a call that day before 5 our time (Jake gets to work) unless you are busy.
Jake was wondering what info Josh had to offer him. You guys are great! Let us know how your holiday goes. Love you and miss you guys a TON!
Good job on the skates. To be honest, ever since beth's accident i've been a little nervous to skate! Are you not coming home for christmas?!
Lucky you! I LOVE ice skating! I haven't been in years. And you'll have to see if Nathan can catch one next time with chop sticks!! :)
Hey Tina..Love the skates! I am back in the blogging world. My new address is
my3crazyboyz.blogspot.com
Gina
never make fun of the goodwill :)
Post a Comment