Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ian

Well I realized I never added the pics from the hospital and when we got home. So even though it's been a while, since this is the only form of journal I have, I still wanted to add them and write a little about when Ian was born.
I was scheduled to be induced on April 13th at 7 am, but they told me to call before we left for the hospital to make sure there was a bed open for me. So we called when we were ready and of course the night before had been crazy with deliveries so there wasn't room for me yet. They said they would call back and hopefully get me in within the next hour. How disappointing!! We ended up getting there at about 9:30, they started the pitocin around 10:30, and broke my water at noon. Then we just hung out through contractions, got my epidural!!, and at about 7:45 I was ready to go! I pushed through 4 contractions and then he was here at 8:18 pm! What a miracle!! He weighed 8 pounds even and was 19 1/2 inches long. Our friend Heather brought Nathan to the hospital so they were waiting out in the hall until it was ok for him to come in. The nurses stamped Ian's footprint on Nathan's arm and he loved it! It was so cute. He was so proud of it and so happy to be a big brother! He wanted to hold him but couldn't yet because Ian had a hard time keeping his temperature up. Heather took nathan back to her house and then we waited to get taken to our new room. I kept throwing up and was nauseous for quite a while so we had to wait until I could stand without feeling nauseous so we could move rooms. So by the time we got settled in our new room it was 1 am. Exhausting!! Anyway, the rest of the hospital stay went smoothly. Josh went back to school on wednesday and thursday, so Ian and I just rested and had some fun visitors come while Josh was in school. We headed home from the hospital thursday afternoon and then entered the real world of having two kids! Oh yeah, it took us until Thursday before we left to finally decide on his name! Nathan has done really well with him and is surprisingly nice to him most of the time! My mom came out to help for a week and I am so so grateful that she was able to come!! It was so nice to have her here and I don't know how I would have survived through Josh's finals week without her here. She took care of everything and helped out so much! We loved having her stay at our house and Nathan constantly wanted her attention. He was so sad when she had to leave and woke up crying the next morning when she was gone (so did I!). Surprisingly we have continued to survive with Josh being back in school, even though some days it's not very pretty!... Well anyway, I think that about sums up the story about little Ian!











9 comments:

Hayley said...

you are amazing Tina! Congrats on the cute little guy, and I'm glad things went pretty smoothly for you at the hospital.

Tiffany said...

Great birth story! He is such an adorable little guy. 2 kids sure changes things huh!

Ashley said...

What I would like to know is how in the world you fit 8 pounds of baby in that little body of yours!! I wish I was there to snuggle that baby and take big brother off your hands so you could do a little snuggling with him on your own. Hope things are going well!

Unknown said...

hey tina congratulations!!!!! wow he is so dang cute.well sorry we cant be there for ian's baby blessing.so we hope u can post some pictures ok.take care

The Leeflangs said...

Ian is so darling! I'm so glad Nathan got little buddy! If they're anything like Hannah and Cloe they will be best friends and you will love it!!!

Beth said...

Good job Tina! I Wish we could have hopped in the car with Mom & Dad to come and see you guys. Wish we could be there for the blessing! We'll be thinking about you guys!!

Michael & Lindsey said...

Wow I didn't realize he was such a big boy at birth! Glad things went smoothly for you in the hospital except for feeling nauseous afterward. He's so cute! Congrats again!

Syme Family said...

I guess that is a good thing about small hospitals. April was the only baby in the nursery. She was very spoiled. I'm glad everything went well. My delivery was pretty scary.

Jeanine said...

How exciting!! Ian is so adorable! I love that picture of Nathan and the footprint on his arm. He looks so proud. :)

Congrats, I am so happy for your darling family.