Monday, September 15, 2008

Monkey in the house!!

So we were checking out the sale at Old Navy today and we decided this monkey costume, and Nathan's reaction to it, was too cute to pass up. So we are ready for Halloween!! Nathan could hardly wait until we got home to put it on. He was so cute acting like a little monkey, calling himself Chorge (Curious George) and even wanted to sleep in it, but settled with leaving it on the couch to wear it tomorrow! I just hope it doesn't get worn out before Halloween gets here. After we bought it I was telling Josh it was kind of weird to buy a cotsume because growing up, my amazing mom came up with and made all of our costumes! And the last two years we have just used my sister's costumes for Nathan, so since I was on my own for a costume this year, buying it was my best bet! Anyway I would have to say it was worth it already after a few hours because Nathan has loved it and had so much fun with it already. And I do have to say I think he is the cutest little monkey I have ever seen!!!




Ok...as I said I would, I have FINALLY taken pictures of the apartment. Here it is! This is where we live! You can't really see everything very well in the pictures but it really is a nice place and we have been happy with it so far!

So as you go in the front door the living room is to the left...

The dining area/kitchen to the right (wow our table looks really small here!)The main bathroom in the hall, which is MUCH bigger than our master bathroom. You can't tell from the picture, but it has a nice, big sink area that I wish our master bath had.Nathan's bedroom. It is actually a lot bigger than his old room, which I love!Other half of his room. Can you tell that he loves sports balls?!

Our tiny master bathroom. I still am not used to sharing such a tiny space with Josh!And last but not least our bedroom. We also have a really nice, big walk-in closet to the right in the picture. Of course I love it!!

We are a little cramped going from three bedrooms down to two, but we are making it work. There is also a little storage room in the hall, so that does help to be able to store stuff in there. Oh and of course we have a washer/dryer area...I would go crazy without that! So that is it, our lovely apartment and home for a few years!

13 comments:

Sarah Bogh said...

hey looks like a few we've lived in. don't you just love how there are no lights in any of the bedrooms??? NOT!!! i think its funny that you have the very same lamps in all of your rooms that we have. :) nice and cheap since you have to buy so many of them to be able to see at night. thats life outside of utah i guess. we have that issue in our house here in Vegas too, so we're used to it now but it is annoying. you did good decorating so fast, it looks really cute. sounds like everything is good, has josh started school then? how has it been since he's been gone?

Sarah Bogh said...

P.S. he looks way cute in that costume!!! i love it! he is such a cute little boy anyway though!

Tiffany said...

That monkey costume is adorable! We've been having fun trying to pick out a Halloween costume for Caleb, and Old Navy has the cutest ones!
Your apartment looks awesome! I love your decorations, they are all way cute. It all just looks so homey!
To answer your question, I just put regular gel in Caleb's hair. Just the same stuff Isaac uses. His hair has always kind of naturally stuck up, since the time he was born, so I kind of HAVE to put gel in it or it just looks crazy. Sometimes I wish it would just lay flat! Hopefully he doesn't have fluffy hair when he grows up, ha ha!
Anyway - it looks like you guys are doing great!

Michael & Lindsey said...

Hi Tina! It looks like you guys are having fun and setteling in back there. Your apartment looks amazing. Nice and roomey. I hope things are going well for Josh with school and everything else! Good luck with everything.

Hayley said...

Tina! Your apartment is so cute...! So is your little monkey :)I'm glad you've settled in and are loving this new chapter in your life. You are..."Seriously So Blessed" !! ha

Losee Family said...

I have to agree that I think he is the cutest monkey i"ve ever seen. He is so cute and I miss him like crazy. Nykel does too. She loves looking at his picture.
Your place looks great. You've done way good with the decorating. Whatever you can't do it. It looks great. We will for sure have to do what Josh said. It's sounds like fun. I miss you guys like crazy but I'm glad you are loving it where you are and I hope everything is going well.

Beth said...

He definitely is the cutest little monkey. I love that costume! Your apartment is really nice and it looks way cute.

The Marchant Family: said...

Cute Tina! I love your personal touch on the house, I really like your decorating style. Glad to hear you're loving it out there. Nathan makes a pretty cute monkey.

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

TINA!! Hey! Love the apartment!! You are such a good decorator, it looks really cute! The monkey costume is SO SO cute!!! Glad you guys are doing so great!!

Dyer Family said...

Very Cute Costume...I looked at that for Boston, but the kids hates having things on his head so I think he might just have to be a cute kid for Halloween!

amberd. said...

Hi Tina. It's Amber from St. Charles. I just became a Modbe consultant and am having an open house today. If you feel like it...come down! Modbe is similar to Shade clothing if you haven't heard of them. Anyway...I just thought it would be a fun way to get to know you! No biggie if you don't want to! My address is 1415 St. Theresa Ln. You can google it...it's probably about 20 minutes from where you are. Hope all is well! You can email if you need directions.

-Amber Dahle shopemodbe@gmail.com

Dallas said...

OH, so cute! Nathan makes the cutest monkey ever! And you house is adorable. I also noticed you new T.V. I bet Josh was very excited about that one! Sure miss you guys but we are glad that things are going so well for you so far. Thanks for keeping us updated so well with things going on in your life. It makes it seem like you are not so far away!

Makell Wintle said...

Oh goodness, I can't wait to have a little munchkin to dress up for halloween! He is too cute tina.
Cute apartment too. I'm glad you are liking it out there. :)