Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fourth of July

Better late than never I guess! We had a pretty fun fourth of July in Cedar. We went to the parade that morning and then went to the festivities at the park. Nathan started off a little nervous at the parade because of the loud sirens, but then he got more brave and headed out for some candy. He only managed to grab a few pieces because there were lots of bigger kids around, but he still loved it and was so excited. We got Nathan a balloon to play with during the parade and he would not let go of it for anything. It was so funny, anytime he saw a balloon in the sky he would say uh-oh and oh no, forever until he couldn't see it any more. He was so concerned and worried about those balloons. I guess that is why he held on to his so good. Later on we played outside while Nathan (and Josh!) played in his little pool. We were planning to watch the city fireworks that night, but changed our minds when we saw how Nathan reacted to the little popper things we got for him. He was so funny! He absolutely HATED them and would not even get close to them, and definitely wouldn't touch them. It was pretty sad! Every time he heard one pop he would get nervous and scared. We, and our neighbors, were laughing so hard (I know, how mean!). I really wish I would have recorded him, it was so funny. On the other hand, he loved the sparklers and did pretty good with them! So anyway we figured he would be scared by loud fireworks so we just stayed home and tried to put him to bed....but that didn't work because he heard the fireworks from the neighborhood and was scared! So we all just watched a movie and hung out!

Watching the parade with mom and dad!

Doing sparklers (before dark) with our friends!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like you guys had fun! That's so sad that Nathan was scared of the sirens and the fireworks, poor little guy! Maybe next year he will be old enough that he'll actually like them. I can't believe you guys are moving to St. Louis so soon! That is so exciting...Good luck with the packing and all that fun stuff! :)

amberd. said...

Hello! I am being directed to your lovely blog by one - Katie Pack (long time childhood friend I suppose!) I live in St. Louis, and I went to highschool with her loverly husband, one - John Pack. Logan College of Chiropratics eh? Well Well! My neighbor attends Logan. And I have one other friend who attended Logan. Great school. I also have a friend who works there! All my friends go there for visits/adjustments etc.... How exciting for you all!

Do you know where you will be living? We live in St. Charles, which is right next door to St. Peters and about 20 minutes from Chesterfield. If you need friends, We are the swankiest sort of friends! Plus...we know Katie and John Pack...who are also the swankiest sort of friends. If you need to know anything about the area let us know!

You can contact me through my blog. www.thedahlefam.blogspot.com
Good luck with your move!

Weird unknown stranger type of girl
-Amber